Great Earl Single Grain Irish Whiskey 70cl
Great Earl Single Grain Irish Whiskey is a combination of Rechar-barrelled grain Irish whiskey and virgin oak grain, matured for 45 months and then merged to spend a further minimum period of 3 months in ex-Sangiovese casks, sourced exclusively for us from the Lazio region of Italy, a nod to the final resting place of the Great Earl in the Vatican in Rome.
- Sweet, candy- like
- Vanilla and cask influence, woody
A mid-golden colour with a little hint of the ruby red of the Sangiovese cask coming through in a slightly pinkish tinge.
- Sweet, ripe blackberry & honey
- A hint of tartness/sharpness, a little elderberry
- Also a hint of white pepper spice and a little tannin from the wine
- Creamy mouth feel: coats the mouth nicely.
- Decent length, strong.